Friday 20 October 2017

Space Wolves Horus Heresy Flamer Support Squad

Hey folks.

It has been a little quiet here for the last few weeks from me (although Ynneadwraith continues to put out some awesome content). General life business and a family holiday have meant I have not had the time to sit down to complete anything, although there is plenty on my desk in mid production, so to speak. 

Luckily I have a few posts stored up that have not seen the light of day yet, so I will intersperse these in with my usual updates. The first of these is a Space Wolves flamer special weapon squad I have done to add to my Heresy force (and to mix in with the Grey hunters when I want some flamer action).






There is not much to tell on these really, as they follow my Vlka Fenryka scheme closely. The only addition I added was to the flamers, which needed some visual interest, so Purple and gold were applied in certain spots to draw the eye. Makes them look a lot more interesting I think, without drawing away from the dark savagery of the general army scheme.


I am starting to get a hankering to start on my La Danse Macabre Dark Eldar again, and to that effect I have a unit of Incubi, 2 venoms, a Ravager & Drazhar on my workbench waiting for some paint.  I really hope that I will get motivated to start on this army again. It has been over a year since I did any work on them. The end of 7th really sapped my motivation for anything 40k, and I have got to be honest, I am struggling with 8th quite a bit too. There is something just not gelling somehow. It may be the way characters work now, or the fact that everything gives re rolls and combat is still shit that I struggle with. I am still plugging away at games every few weeks, but it isn't getting much better. 

Are any of you feeling a similar way about 8th? I hear a lot of positivety about it generally, which makes me think I may be missing something somewhere.

NafNaf

No comments:

Post a Comment