Quick recap, to start I sawed the torso away from the crotch piece and then set to work hacking off the left hand hip joint on the leg, and removing both legs from the crotch. I also decided to saw off the head so I could reposition it at an angle to get even more movement from the kit. I then inserted plasticard rods into the joints so I could start to play with the positioning of each part.
Once I had a rough idea of what I wanted I glued the first (whole) leg onto the crotch and down onto the base. This gave me a firm structure to start finalising the rest of the body positions. After playing around with different poses and finding one I was happy with I fixed the torso as well.
I am pretty keen on magnetising everything nowadays for maximum flexibility, and this conversion is no different. Both arms have been magnetised (which was a little bit of a pain to do) and so far the assault cannon has also been done. I plan to run this as a dakka dread at the mo so I am waiting on another cannon for the other arm (which I can hopefully pillage from one of my mates).
Last stage before beddy byes was to whip out the blue tac and do a bit of trial positioning to see how he was coming together. Pretty pleased so far I have to say. Tomorrow I will start on the chopped up leg to get that all fixed and sculpted and add the mandatory Space Wolves bling to him.
Should be able to do more work on him tomorrow and get another update posted :)