Wednesday, 26 October 2016
Dreadtober. A Sad End for NafNaf
Yes it has been a sad (and frustrating) end to my dreadtober project this year.
You may have noticed a distinct lack of progress posts after the build was completed and painting should be taking place. Sadly it is not through any blogging procrastination or furious painting getting in the way of posting. The truth of the matter is the dreadnought is pretty much ruined and all the work I had built up has gone to waste. Overly dramatic? Yes but I am feeling pretty blue about the whole thing. Enough self pity NafNaf! Tell us what the deal is?? Well I was over the moon with the build and cracked on with priming the next day after my last post. It was a nice, warm and non humid autumn day and perfect I though for priming my model. I got cracking and sprayed the dread, along with the 2 apothecaries, with my army painter silver primer rattle can. I left them to dry in the garage whilst I cracked on with other things, but when I came back.... Disaster! The primer on the dread had gone seriously wrinkly, and the entire surface was covered in little rough waves that was beyond sanding, scrubbing or any other method of salvage. Oddly the apothecaries avoided most of the wrinkling, with only a little here and there, so I can actually use them and attribute it to battle damage, sadly the dread is not so. Below is the pic I posted on twitter and a couple of forums when I was desperate for some method of salvage before I had to strip the whole thing in dettol.