I have had them sitting in a corner of my painting desk for an age now half complete, but I need them in a trial list I have cooked up for bw9. Reluctantly out came the washes and paint brushes and I began dusting them off and slapping some paint on. It has been difficult to tear myself away from my carnival stuff, as I am not feeling the love for my hairy brothers at the moment. However they are my only tabletop ready army and I need to add more units to make them more playable in the current edition.
With that in mind I needed some mobile scoring and anti tank units, and that's where these two come in. The plan is for them to zip down the flanks popping off shots at enemy armour, and scoring those far flung objectives, while my enemy focuses on more threatening units (I hope :D )
They followed my usual simple scheme of a black was over metal basecoat, followed by two washes of agrax for the gritty dirty look I like on my wolves. I did not enjoy all the flat areas on these (and tbh vehicles in general fill me with a certain amount of horror) but broke them up with transfers that came with the sw kits, and I think this helps to break the monotony somewhat.
I have two drop pods half way painted, that I also need tomget done, so alas for my hobby mojo I will chain myself to my desk and get those two monstrocities painted as well soon (seriously the drop pod has to be the worst model to assemble and paint that I have had the misfortune to come across. I tried to batch paint four of them for the last blog wars, and I could not paint a thing for weeks afterwards. Oh and I still did not get them finished either)
On a more cheerier note my DE carnival venom is nearly complete, just the crew to finish painting, and I am quite excited to get it up here and show you all. Anyways enough rambling from me :)