This is a long long overdue post! As per usual it seems, life is busy and my motivation to blog is at rock bottom. in fact all hobby stuff in general has taken a back seat to work, life and kids. tis only a season however, the mojo will return one day. If you were following this little project you may have been wondering what happened to the finished piece, well, I actually finished this at the end of May, just in time for the two grand clashes that were happening here in the UK.
I entered the board into both painting competitions, and although I didn’t win, I am really happy with how it has turned out. The idea in my head at conception and what turned out are pretty close so that’s a good win! It has taken a lot of hard work to get it to the finished stage, and there was a point where I didn’t think I’d do it (just as I was ramping up to do all the mushroom painting. Think I panicked at the thought!). While there are things that could be improved. I’m always critical of my own painting, as I can see the mistakes a mile off, even if no one else spots them. One of the things I think I need to improve is my highlighting. I went to real efforts to blend my paints for very subtle graduations, which gives them a more realistic feel, but I think this cost me in the comp, where sharp highlighting makes models stand out, whereas mine were just too subtle to catch the eye, even with all the colour and textures from the mushrooms and basing etc.
anyhoo below is a ruck of pictures for you to peruse. Words have never been my strong suite so hopefully these pictures will speak louder than them for me :)
Post a Comment