Sunday 16 December 2018

Hungering Gobbo - Warhammer Underworlds Moonclan Grot Warband Conversion



It's me again, as promised. Below is the second Gobbo in the warband I have finished painting, Hungering Gobbo :)

The painting has followed almost exactly as that of the festering Gobbo, but this chap was a little more detailed in certain areas such as the shield. I really enjoyed painting that. Yalow can be a tricky colour to do but I feel that I have the recipe nailed now, and it is a joy to paint, and looks good too! The base is another area I am really pleased with. I had a lot of fun painting the mushrooms, and it gives the miniature a good grounding so to speak, telling a story all by itself but without detracting from the figure standing on it.
I struggled a little when I started on this one though. I've been pretty busy at work, and studying in the evenings when I can, so when I come to the painting table my eyes are pretty tired, and it is hard to focus sometimes. I have some new glasses which help a bit, but when your'e eyes are tired, they're tired and you cant do anything about it apart from crack on or go to bed :). Still, the results look pretty good. It was mainly with the cloth banding on his feet I had difficulty seeing, and they could definitely be better, but I'll leave it for now, I have three more to work on. I have a deadline of the 26th January as I want to take them to the grand clash happening at Warhammer world, so the pressures on a bit :)





NafNaf

No comments:

Post a Comment