Saturday 3 February 2018

Squadary 2018 - My Pledge


Rory over at Stepping Between Games is running his yearly community challenge to build and paint a squad in the month of February. Keep up to date with all the progress over on his blog, or search for the #Squadary tag on twitter. Hopefully you shall see my stuff on there pretty regularly :)
I have decided to join in, having plenty of squads waiting in the wings for a paint job. After my dismal failure last year on a Scourge unit (just about managed to get them primed) I am going for something a little more achievable this time. I have picked out a unit of Spite Revenants for my AOS Treemon army ‘The Dirge’. These have been waiting in the wings for a few months now, and should be a nice challenge to paint, as well as a change of pace from the two vehicles I have been working on for the last few months. The scheme is pretty easy to achieve, consisting of mainly of washes and drybrushing. Despite its simplicity it looks pretty good at the end. Progress has already started, as I have the base colours and most of the initial washes down, so I really hope these will not take long to get done.


I plan to get them painted by the end of the second week of Feb, and if this happens I will pledge to do a unit of Kurnoth Hunters as well. While pretty lacklustre in my games so far I love the conversions. Quite a lot of work went into making everything work together and all the greenstuff sculpting was pretty intensive at times. It does make them a little more daunting to paint, but if I can get them done as well I will be very satisfied.

Wish me luck :)

NafNaf

No comments:

Post a Comment