Friday 16 September 2016

30K Iron Warriors Siege Tyrant Terminators & Contemptor Dreadnought

Finally i've managed to complete the first half of my Iron Warriors Siege Tyrant Terminator unit. The big delay with these was deciding which missile launchers to use on the models.

Iron Warriors Siege Tyrant Terminators




This unit seemed to be sitting around on my hobby table for quite a while, half built and just waiting for me to make my mind up on just what missile launchers to use so I could complete the models. The sheer number of third party options made this a difficult choice, and the big consideration for me was how they looked in proportion to the model.

I looked at several options and settled on the design from Anvil Industry. The casts where excellent and I think you'll agree the scale looks pretty good.  I'm not a fan of having missile launchers that stand too high or stick out too far off the shoulders. So with these the width was good, but i wasn't so keen on how high they looked, so I took out my hobby knife and started cutting away at the mount to lower them and shape it to the top of the cataphractii terminator armour. I then drilled and pinned them in place.

I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, they sit low on the shoulders and actually look part of the suit of armour rather than just sitting on top.

Iron Warriors Siege Tyrant Terminators


The second model for this post is my Iron Warriors Contemptor Dreadnought that I finished a few weeks ago, but forgot to post.  I went for the double twin linked volkite culverins as I reckon i've got enough anti tank in the rest of my army. nevertheless the plan is to paint up a pair of either plasma cannons or lascannons that i can swap out for games, just not sure which yet.

Iron Warriors Contemptor Dreadnought

Iron Warriors Contemptor Dreadnought

Iron Warriors Contemptor Dreadnought


Time to get painting that second Iron Circle...

Cheers

Xach.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely looking stuff. Makes me start to regret my choice to go Imperial Fists, but I will stay the course.

    Good work on the launchers, they suit well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rory, I looked at your Imperial Fists post earlier this week, they look great, I just need to get my disqus account working, seems to be having issues linking with my google one for some reason.

      Delete
    2. Cheers man.
      I never tried to link the two to be honest.

      Delete
  2. Those look fantastic - awesome work, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I'm making good progress on this army at the moment, trying to get 2k finished for a few games at Warhammer World in October.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous work. You never did say which launchers you chose. Mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, no problem, here's the link to them in the anvil industry store: http://anvilindustry.co.uk/The-Armoury/Heavy-Weapons/Shoulder-Missile-Launcher

      Delete
  4. Great to see more of your stuff cropping up on the blog man, these guys look absolutely cracking :) very moody, just my taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rob, this army has been a very different style of painting for me, everything before had been very clean, but I'm getting into it now and starting to make better use of washes. Now I'm progressing a bit with the iron warriors I'm trying to allocate a bit of hobby time to post a couple of pics on the blog as I go along, but it's far too tempting just to carry on painting :D

      Delete
  5. Fantastic Iron Warriors there. The missile launchers look awesome stacked up there. And another awesome dread! Great work on them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I'm glad I tried a few different missile launcher options before finally choosing one. These ones definitely achieved the look I wanted. As for the dreadnoughts, they really do paint themselves, they are the sort of awesome model that makes things easier for the painter.

      Delete
  6. The termies look great man and I like the choice and justification of the missile racks. Love the Volkite arms on the dread too, just wish they has a bit more grunt, dropping TL for 4x4 shots with the BS5 would have been better I reckon.

    Great stuff!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely, twin linked seems a bit redundant with BS5, I'd certainly prefer the option of more shots. Although I'm yet to decide whether they are underpowered, but I just went for the rule of cool when choosing them as I think the volkite look very archeotech. Cheers for taking a look and the feedback :) should hopefully have another unit ready to share on the blog this weekend...

      Delete
  7. So much yes. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete