Howdy hey folks. As promised I bring you the finished raider with crew mounted. Pimp dat riiiide mo fo's!
It took a while to get a good day to spray the dullcoat on, but luckily yesterday was a fine one and I got them all varnished and mounted on the raider and took the photos in the eve. I am super chuffed with the outcome of this pimped up ride. It is designed for my grotesque bodyguard and succubus to ride around in, which is why I went with a slight alternative scheme to my first raider and venom.
It needed to stand out as a more superior transport to the ones that carry round the common rabble such as the carnival warriors, so I went with the purple and orange lava lamp effect (I really enjoyed painting the lava effects) for the lower main chassis, and just the upper part as the main red of the army to tie it in. Once the crew were mounted I could finally see if my choices of colours clashed or complimented the raider. Luckily I think they work pretty well, but I would love to hear your thoughts on them.
Unusually for me I had alot of fun painting this vehicle (I usually hate them with a passion). I think I may have finally mastered the process, amd applying the lava lamp effects were very enjoyable. I have a few learnings to apply from this one to the next, so hopefullt I can crack that one out at a much faster rate.
I won't warble on too much, pictures speak louder than words after all :)
As an aside, a long long time ago in a land far far away I promised a few gentlemen by the names of Mr Thrower and Mr Hill that I would take an army shot of the carnival when I had enough for a core force. Well I now have 5 warriors and a last raider (with crew) to get done and then I will be at my target amount for the picture. Making monthly goals has really helped push this project along a little (although it does not seem like I have posted much on them recently) and I am chuffed I am now so close.