Well howdy hey folks. Its that time of the month where I whip myself with birch branches whilst vigorously and loudly repenting for my failed vows from the preceding month.
You may have guessed by now that I have not completed any of the plans I set out at the beginning of Feb. There are a few reasons for that, but the main one was a major distraction. Luckily it was hobby related :)
I had vowed to complete a 10 man tactical squad for my 30k word bearers force. Well I massively expanded upon that. I had a plan to mix a few converted mk5 marine legs into the squad to maximise the amount of space marines I could get out of B&C and save some cash. I started to convert the 5 legs I needed for the squad......and continued.....and continued......until I had converted 15 legs, 18 torsos, made moulds for 10 heads and tried a few disastrous attempts to cast them (still lots to learn here). Anyhow I plan to batch prime and undercoat all 30 marines, and then work on them in tens. My hobby vow is to have all 30 base coated by the end of march. Here is my progress so far.
|Enough legs for ya?|
I do have a question for you folks. How would you mount backpacks and shoulder pads so they can be batch painted seperate to the marines? I have found a way for the bolters, but would like your advice on the other two
Infinity. I pledged to complete Kornak Gazarot for my Feb vow. Well, I started but he still lies incomplete. I finished the gun and have washed and basecoated hos trousers. This leaves the blue and orange armour plates, loin cloth, face and hair, with a few other bits and bobs to get him finished. I could prob get him finished in a few days but my desk is/has been such a mess with all the 30k stuff going on I have not been able to progress much further. Once those are out the way I really do plan to crack on with him.
La Danse Macabre. Pretty much the same story here, progress stymied by the messy desk. I did get the red stages complete, from base, wash to highlight, the bases part painted (but nowhere near completion) and the metals blocked in and washed. Still tons to do with these guys, but I can see the end already which is good. Most of the boring blocking in stages are nearly done so it will the fun bits like choosing the colours and patterns next.
Scourge Vampires. Nothing to report here. Magnetised their flying stands and the bodies, but that is about it. Not even worth a photo. Hopefully get onto these after the bunch of stuff above, but unlikely. Not pressuring myself for these. Got plenty to do this month
So there you go folks. My March vow is basically to finish my Feb vow :)