Sunday 10 January 2016

DZC - Scourge Starter Army

Scourge Starter Army

Greetings! I hope you all had a fantastic festive period and your subsequent diets and resolutions are all going according to plan :). I have really been enjoying Dropzone Commander over the year, and finally managed to get some time yesterday to photograph a bunch of my models I have painted, more specifically the Scourge starter army set.

The starter armies are a fantastic way to get your faction of choice off the ground for a cheap price, and this is how I started my Scourge force off, with a good core of troops, transports, AA and AT units. I have used most of these In every game I have played, so highly reccomend starting off with one of these box sets.

I wont go too much into detail on the paint scheme as I have a tutorial in the works showing the step by step painting process for them, but I wanted to show off my growing collection before posting it up. The scheme is designed to be organic in nature, eschewing the traditional dark purples and blacks of the studio scheme for the lighter bone colour with coloured accents. Not only am I really pleased with how the scheme has turned out, but it is also relatively quick and easy to paint (as you will see in the upcoming tutorial :) ), mainly involving drybrushing and washes to do 90% of the work. Anyway enough of the waffle, here are the pics for your viewing pleasure :)

First up are the Marauder transports. These are probably my least favourite models from the scourge range, but I still like the thought process & design that went into them, making the tanks they transport fit into the racks in the inside of the wings.

Marauders

 

Close up

 

Next we have the hunter anti tank and reaver anti air armoured units. These are fantastic models, which were a real joy to paint and also see use in every game I play

Hunters

 

Reavers

Now we have the warrior troop units and their transports, the invaders. The infantry were a bit of a pain to paint, as they are so small and also sculpting and casting something that size in plastic makes the detailand poses less than thrilling, , mainly being flat and static. Still, for 10mm scale they do the trick nicely and you don't really notice the faults when they are on the tabletop. The invaders are very nice however.

Invaders

 

Warriors

Well thats a wrap folks. Expect a few more posts in the coming months, as I seek to finish off my DZC stuff before Dropfleet lands on my doorstep.

Chiaw for now :)

NafNaf

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, man! Really dig how those turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. They were a lot of fun to do, which makes a huge difference when you come to painting a full army of them :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks :). Really pleased with hos the scheme has turned out, even better than I expected or hoped for.

      Delete