Howdy hey folks. I have been pretty consistent with my painting recently, managing at least 20mins a day of hobby time to work on the painting goals I posted about in January. I am pleased to say I have made good progress, finishing the Scourge Oppressor and I have nearly completed Izamu.
It took me nearly 6 months to get this badboy finished, as I could just not get the motivation to get him past the basecoating stage. Luckily once I committed myself to get it finished for the end of Jan I gave my hobby mojo a good whipping, chained the paintbrush to my reluctant fingers and managed to get him completed in no time (well, a couple of weeks ;) ).
I am really happy with how the scheme came out on him. The drybrushing and washes scaled up pretty well on a bigger model, not looking too hamfisted in application fortunately :). The red stripes were a late addition as he was looking a little plain. Luckily it works and marks him out from the pack as a commander model. The round bits at the top are magnets so that he can be attached to his transport ship. I have done this with most of my Scourge models as it just looks cool :)
|Magnet on the base for the stand|
|Oppressor magnetised to dropship|