Monday 31 August 2015

Dark Eldar Talos Conversion #3

Dark Eldar Talos
Time has been tight recently, and I am struggling to get projects completed, and my motivation to paint my carnival is waning (as usual, being a hobby butterfly). I had my first game of Malifaux on sat and loved it, so I went home and dug my crew out the cupboard and started painting.
However I wanted to get my final talos conversion finished, as it had been waiting for that final inspiration to come. The parts were not working together and I could not get a clear idea where I wanted the model to go theme wise. Oddly enough the eureka moment was the balloon pumping station the Talos is leaning his foot on. I found the part in my bits box, and put it together with a chopped up piece from the stormfiend kit, and blam! I had a foot pump for my ballon guy. All the rest of the model really stemmed from there, working round each element until it was completed. This was certainly the hardest one out of the three to build, but the finished article is no less successful I feel.
Feedback is much appreciated as always :)
NafNaf out!


8 comments:

  1. haha, that's brilliant! Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the star embedded in his back, this is inspired genius, or madness depending on your viewpoint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't....i mean...the concept and execution of this is just beyond inspirational. This is really novel and unique work. Great job buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Greg :)

      Once I had the inspiration I really enjoyed the build on this one.

      The force is really coming together now (just need a little break after my latest splurge) so I hope to show an army shot very soon.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I do wonder about your sanity as well, but then all the details come into view and your true bit-bashing genius is revealed! Like those delicate little claws holding the balloon strings (for evisceration or tying knots?) Great work as always - and good luck with the waning enthusiasm - you know we are all dying to see him painted now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe, chuffed you like him :)

      I was really pleased with the claw in the end, it works fantastically well with the balloon strings and still managed to look creepy.

      My enthusiasm will return I am sure. Just got a little burnt out us all + life is really busy for me at the mo. New job to plan for and baby take up a lot if my hobby time. Things are settling down slowly, and I have switched to a few short hobby challenges (my malifaux crew) to refresh myself for a bit. I am still determined to get an army shot before end of sept (just 5 models needed to go)

      Delete