Tuesday 17 May 2016

Hobby Progress

Howdy Folks. You may have noticed it has been a little quiet here on Objective Secured over the last couple of weeks. Luckily this is not due to any disaster or anything, but more to do with the fact life has got extremely busy of late and I am struggling to fins the time to do much hobbying.

I am sure we have all been there in our lives, and it should quiet down soon (although my partner will soon be going back to work and I will have to look after my son on the weekends while she works, which will again limit my hobby time somewhat). I wanted to post up where I am with my monthly projects (behind tbh ;) ) as it will let you guys know what I am doing but also give me a bit of focus and motivation to finish some stuff off.

So, here goes :)

To start with I have my carnival venom crew that need to be done for June 11th. The reds have been completed and a start made on the metal areas, but I have only an idea for the main gunner colour scheme so far so he will be my focus forbthe following week. UPDATE: I have done the gunner (it has taken me nearly a week to write this) He is currently in his gloss state waiting for the final spray of dullcoat and then he is done. I still hope to get all 3 done in time but I am on hols from friday so that might be a bit of a challenge.

My infinity progress has stalled as I lost my mojo on them part way through. I got some base colours down though, such as the trousers and red flesh, and crrtian areas like the guns and armour are finished. It will not take too long to push these through to finish.

Dropzone. I admit it, I am a geek :). I am taking this pile of minis on holiday with me to get them up to a near complete stage. Being a relatively easy and uncomplicated scheme means I can sit down and do a few quick minutes of washing kr drybrushing here and there when I am bored or at a loose end. If I can do this then that would be a huge chunk of minis out of the way, and I would be nearer my goal of completing 4 gaming systems by the end of the year (Dropzone, Malifaux, Infinity Morats & Dreadball)

Last but not least I did a bit of quick work on the last if my malifaux bases so that I can crack on and finish them up. Pretty pleased with them amd they were a nice easy distraction.

See you in a few weeks ;)

NafNaf

 

12 comments:

  1. Great stuff as always Naf. I really like seeing your Malifaux miniatures, you seem to capture that grimy victorian steam punk feel really well, it obvious even on your bases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey cheers Rob. I am really chuffed with them, so I am very pleased you like them too :). I have really enjoyed painting the crew so far

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear things are ok and you are still cracking on with bits there. Always hard to do when the hobby mojo is as low as the amount of free time of you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rory. Yeah free time is at a premium at the mo, but at least I can do a little here and there.i just have to be focuses and also cut down the amount I plan to paint every month, as it is just not achievable at the moment

      Delete
  3. Looking good as always, enjoy the hols!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick. The hol is long overdue and thoroughly well deserved this year :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the update. Nice intro picture. With the nice weather I am finding it harder to focus on painting. A break is never a bad thing to refocus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. I had a little chuckle to myself when I found that pic. It is so true it is scary :D
      The nice weather certainly has played its part in my lack of hobby progress for sure

      Delete
  5. I love the carnival crew so much! They are a perfect mixture of cute and creepy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Marc :) They have been a real joy to work on tbh (if a little slow sometimes) and I am looking forward to getting a fully painted army together hopefully this year

      Delete
  6. ah real life! it is such a hobby killer! Just wait until your son starts running around and wanting to 'help' :-)
    The progress is looking good, you do seem to keep yourself busy with all those gaming systems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep secretly hoping he will be able to entertain himself a little more, thus enabling me to hobby when my fiance is at work. Unlikely though :D
      Thanks. I have bitten off more than I can chew tbh with the amount of gaming systems I play and hobby with. I hope to finish 4 this year, and I will not be buying anything more for them until some of my other projects are finished (like my space wolves and at least an 1850pt carnival force)

      Delete