Saturday 30 April 2016

Drazhar, Master of Blades Conversion

Drazhar, Master of Blades

Having not long ago showcased my Incubi conversion I thought it rude not to also show their boss, Drazhar, the evil Phoenix Lord and believe it or not, a master of blades ;).

He is based off the AOS dark elf assassin model as the movement is just superd, with the flowing cape and launching pose. I actually have not done too much to this model. I used a mask and top hat (any of you who read this blog has gathered by now that I have a thing about top hats ;) ) so he fit in with his Incubi bodyguard and cos it looks cool and menacing. I chopped off the arms and replaced them with Hellion arms and blade staff ends to represent his demi klaves. A fluffy shoulder was in order for this chap and would fit perfectly with his whole 'vibe', so I added one and it looks pretty cool IMO. A feather in the hat and gem pendant on his breast and he was complete. I will get him painted as a reward after I get my Incubi all done.

I managed to varnish my venom today, and prime the crew so hopefully next week I can show off the whole finished construct (which also means my double trouble list will be complete). I might try and squeeze in a little terrain project I have done for the army, as it will be a cool centre piece to take with me and I have a couple of weeks spare before the event (I am hol for a few which is why the venom has been a priority).

Chiaw for now. NafNaf

 

15 comments:

  1. That is spectacular - awesome build!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture - I thought he had the blades on his shoes, Like he was some sort of weird 'spring heeled Jack' type character, maybe similar to that girl in Kingsman. Of course now I see it isn't but that could be a thing to think about in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I see what you mean. Funnily enough I have been mulling over an idea for some hellion conversions, which involve pogo sticks, and bladed feet would work perfectly for that. Nice one :)

      Delete
  3. Sweet top hat and feather. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :). I always enjoy making them, and now I have a cast I can do lots more :)

      Delete
  4. That is the coolest Drazhar I have ever seen. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Royce, I am please you like him, he was a lot of fun to do :)

      Delete
  5. Your work is astounding...every time I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome cheers Greg :) I hope my stuff will continue to impress. Got more conversions up my sleeve and itching to get made :)

      Delete
  6. I think along with your wraithknight this is my favourite conversion you have done! I am so psyched to see some of this army at double trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, chuffed you like him. He was definitely a lot of fun to build, and hopefull will be the same to paint

      Delete
  7. Love it - and can't wait to see him in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. I hope to get a reasonable amount painted in time for HFAD so that lost of y army is fully painted

      Delete