Friday 5 February 2016

February Hobby vows and Jan review




Hey everybody. It is the start of the month and time for me to start committing to some hobby goals and to review my achievements (or lack of) from the last month.

~First off lets look at how I did for Jan. I committed to painting a Scourge Oppressor for Dropzone, Malifaux's Isamu the Armour and a Dark Elder raider crew for La Danes Macabre.Well, I managed to get two of the three done, which I am pretty happy about, and the raider crew is about 80% complete and I hope to get them posted up in a week or so (hopefully I can get them finished over the weekend and varnished when the weather is decent enough)

Now lets have a look at my plans for February. From the pic at the start you may have guessed that I am starting 30k. I will leave the gritty details of my plans for another post, but I pledge to get one tactical squad built and converted by the end of the month. I am dead excited to start this, and have a few cool conversions planned (big and small), one of which def deserves a little tutorial. 40k has been less attractive to me of late, as I feel it is more and more based around gimmicky rules, that don't reward good play. I long for the days where I can bring an army and have a good game against my opponent, without having to write an essay before hand about what kind of game I want to play, and then get blasted off the table turn one, before I even get to roll a dice. 30k promises to offer me a more balanced, narrative game, that I am looking forward to getting into and playing with a few of my mates in the eve, with a few beers and plenty of chat about geeky shit :)

Now for a small bit of 40k goodness. As well as getting the raider crew finished I pledge a 5 man warrior squad that will bring me to two finished squads overall for the carnival. A great achievement indeed! I am determined to get some useable units painted and on the table, and finishing these badboys will get me a good way to a core Dark Eldar force that I can add things to as needed in games.

Next up a bit of Infinity. My Morats are seeing action this week and to their shame the commander s languishing in an unpainted state. This has got to change and it shall! I pledge Kornak Gazarot . He is almost an autotake in any Morat sectorial force, bringing some nice stats and equipment, coupled with a few nice rules, that make him indispensable. A nice model too. I shall enjoy painting him (hopefully).

 Lastly a bit of DZC. I still have a few core units that need painting, but I can't face them at the moment, however I have some Scourge vampires that I am looking forward to painting, so they shall be next. There are only 4 and they are pretty nice models, so painting them should be a quick win for my hobby goals I think.


Well that's the lot. Wish me well for the months hobby challenge ahead :)

NafNaf


7 comments:

  1. Good luck pal - I can't wait to see la danse macabre all together! You bringing them to hero for a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick. Cant wait myself tbh. They have taken longer than planned due to me being a bloody major game whore and hobby butterfly :D.
      I def hope to bring them to hero for a day, but it depends if the missus lets me out of daddy duties for a whole weekend or not. Crossing my fingers

      Delete
    2. Tell her it's for charity! 😜

      Delete
  2. Excellent! Glad to see you joined up on the Heresy30k Forum as well, there's tons and tons of inspiration to be found there, and the group is one of the most mature and helpful group of forum-goers one could hope for. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah really pleased I signed up there, as it does seem to be a friendly place with alot of good stuff. Got bucket loads of questions to ask about army composition, best unit builds etc, so they will probably be sick of me in a few weeks :D

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you working again. Was missing your great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. Got the painting mojo at the mo so trying to get as much done while it lasts :)

      Delete