Greetings o wise ones :). Today I present to you my finished Malifaux Izamu the Armor.
I had alot of fun painting him. He was the model that made me get into malifaux and the undead samurai thing really floats my boat. I had a bit of a varnishing disaster with him at the end unfortunately. I alluded to it in my last post, but basically I had the dreaded milkiness from my matt varnish occur on the top raised parts of him (the sword and flag poles mainly). I was pretty surprised at this as the weather was pretty good (for a change) and testors dullcoat has been nothing but reliable. I did leave him in the garage for a few hours while I was out so it probably was too cold, which caused the issue. Luckily I did the gloss varnish trick which got rid of most of it, and then I applied a few washes to get rid of the last bits, and hey presto, back to normal again :). Was a bit of a pain in the arse though!
Anyhoo the mini followed in the scheme of my previous Malifaux minis, with the orange and kaki colours and turquoise spot colour. It is still working nicely which I am pleased about, as you can never tell if the scheme will work on a larger mini or not. The base has come out really well too. Let me know what you think of him :)
In the next few days I will be posting up my review of my Jan commitments and make new ones for Feb. I have some cool things planned which I am excited to start sharing with you all.